In Part 1 of this blog post series arising from the Aragon Research Globe for Enterprise Video 2019, we looked at why video is critical for a digital enterprise. In Part 2, we explored how the Netflix generation is impacting on enterprise video and we revealed the secret weapon for enterprises using video.
In this third blog post of the series, we’ll delve into the essential components of a video DAM platform.
What Do You Need In A DAM?
As the use of video in business continues to increase, enterprises need to have a growth strategy in mind in addition to fulfilling their current needs. So, they need to look for a platform that provides extensive management capabilities to streamline their process, combined with the facility to scale up video production in the future. The Aragon Research Globe for Enterprise Video 2019 identifies the following key capabilities of a DAM as essential:
1. Capture/Recording and Publishing
- – Ability to capture, tag, and edit a video recording
- – Ability to publish
2. Video Content Management/Portal
- – Ability to store video content and display it in different modes for users
- – Ability to deliver video content to multiple devices (includes transcoding)
- – Ability to provide delivery of video content to global locations (via content delivery network capabilities)
- – Ability to search for content
- – APIs for integration
3. Live Video: Streaming and Integration
- – Ability to deliver a live broadcast to a large number of users
- – Ability to record the live broadcast for later use
- – The ability to connect with existing video conferencing systems for capture or for broadcast federation
4. Content Analytics
- – The ability to analyze what is happening in a video, either live or after the fact
- – The ability to recognize people and images in a video or image
- – The ability to recognize sentiment of people talking in a video
Why Use Overcast?
Overcast is specially designed for enterprises. Our streamlined process means that your team will be able to collaborate effortlessly on video. You’ll be amazed at how fast reviews and approvals are, no matter where in the world your team is. AI-powered search enables you to find whatever clips you’re looking for in the cloud-based repository. You’ll save lots of time with speedy file transfer and no-one will be tearing their hair out trying to format videos for various channels: our platform will do that for you at the click of a button. And since it’s encrypted, you can feel secure in the knowledge that your files are protected. So why not contact us today for a free trial to make your life easier and save you time and money?